Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm Speechless

Ok not really. You have no idea what it takes to leave me speechless. However , I may have found Joseph Craig. Kinda. I decided to take a stroll through the censuses to find out what became of my greatgreatwhatevergrandfather William. In 1900 , someone William Flynn's age and with a similar wedding anniversary abouts lived in Middleton , NY. Here is the creepy exciting thing..he lived with Alexander Craig. Craig is not that common a name. Alright, it's more common than some names I've heard but it isnt as common as Flynn. Probably not even as common as Curtin. Alexander , an immigrant from Northern  Ireland , was married to Margaret. Alexander was a shoemaker with his own business. He owned his home. Alexander and Margaret had at least four surving children Matthew , Hugh , Anna and Samuel.  These could be my greagreatwhatevergrandparents , but I doubt it. However , there is a much stronger possiblity that these are my cousins or even an aunt and uncle. Joseph just got a hairsbreath closer.


late night addition: Alexander's parents names were Mary Rice and.......Joseph Craig.. oh boy!!

1 comment:

  1. The accidental finds are always exciting. Hold onto any thing suspicious as, down the line, sometimes the dots will actually connect. Just make a note of where you find the tidbits (sources).
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete