Friday, April 8, 2011

Who Do You Think You Are

I look forward to Fridays. Sure , it being the start of the weekend has something to do with it but, mostly it is because of  Who Do You Think You Are?. I started pursuing genealogy before this show came to the U.S. but it really pushed me over edge. For me it's about how they trace their families journies. Celebrities are interesting and which one of has hasn't wished for Brooke Sheilds heritage every once in a while but, the truth is I find Kim Catrall's and Gwenyth Paltrow's familes just as fascinating. I find my own family just as fascinating. Immigrants that came here due to the blight and due to pogroms. A family that started out near abouts Harlem , moved to Brooklyn , and finally Rockaway Beach. A Rough Rider and a tiny tailor from Russia/Poland/Ukraine or whatever that part of Europe is being called today. As my great grandma would say the ganze mishpocheh. Today is the season finale for Who Do You Think You Are? For me it feels like the begining . 

No comments:

Post a Comment