Friday, January 21, 2011

Violet , John and Christina ..Oh my!


I found my Dutch ancestors with relative ease and my Curtin ancestors were handed to me on a silver platter < thank you Margaret Curtain at curtin.org> so it only stands to reason that I was going to have to work for the rest of them. My great grandmother was Violet Flynn. Her parents were John J. Flynn and Christina X. I know what you are thinking. Who would name their child X? Believe it or not that was not the name she was born with. I realized if I were ever going to find out Christina last name I would have to bite the bullet and send away for Violet's birth certificate. I was able to fill out a form online and give a credit card number and in 4 to 6 short weeks they would mail me the certifcate. Well , the stars must of all been in the right place because that certificate arrived in less than 3 weeks. I tore the envelople open like a little kid. I could not wait . Christina's last name was..Schmidt. Woo hoo! I danced around my kitchen like an idiot until another thought overtook me I needed to know Christina's parents. I always knew I was German but now I KNEW I was German. I sat down at my computer desk and thought " how am I ever going to find out about them" . Then is occurred to me John and Christina marriage license. I'm in trouble now.

No comments:

Post a Comment